Saturday, March 27, 2010

No. 86 - Woody

Tap, tap, tap. What was that? Tap, tap, tap. I rolled over in bed and listened carefully. Tap, tap, tap. Oh, no. The woodpecker is back! We have a friendly neighborhood woodpecker who enjoys digging holes in our cedar wood siding.

It reminded me of Woody Woodpecker, the animated cartoon character. Remember his trademark "Ha-ha-ha-HAA-ha" laugh? I wasn't aware that Woody was an acorn woodpecker. Nor was I aware that such a breed of woodpecker existed. But as the name implies the acorn woodpecker relies heavily on acorns for food. The adults are black and white in color, with the male having a red cap on his head. I don't think ours is an acorn woodpecker since their natural habitat is in the southwestern United States.

Regardless, I think I'll call our woodpecker Woody from now on. And I filled his holes in today. Take that Woody! Ha-ha-ha-HAA-ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment