Tuesday, March 16, 2010

No. 75 - World's Fattest Woman

Sometimes I wonder if the new things I learn are a net benefit to me, or whether I could potentially be worse off for knowing it. Could something you learn actually harm you? Today has me scratching my head.

I found out this morning that a woman in New Jersey is attempting to become the world's fattest woman. Yep. She already weighs 600 pounds and has a "goal" to exceed 1,000 pounds - that's half a ton! She spends $750 a week on food and consumes five times more than the recommended daily calories for a woman her age. She's 42. She needs to use a motor scooter when she goes food shopping because she can't walk more than 20 feet. She has a website where people pay to watch her eat and show off her super-sized self in a bikini. I kid you not! I found the website but I will not post the link. Believe me, it's for your own good. You can thank me now. No seriously, you should thank me now.

This article quotes the woman as saying, "I have one of the largest bellies around...On the website I also have videos of me in motion, because they like to see me in motion, see how my fat jiggles and moves."

To each his own. Unless she ends up needing medical care at the expense of other taxpayers. If she was looking for a little attention there are easier ways to get it. She could have just started a blog :) And it wouldn't cost her $750 a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment