Friday, March 26, 2010

No. 85 - Highlights for Children

In case you haven't figured it out yet, I love to learn new things. I also love to teach my kids new things and try to find creative ways for them to learn and have fun doing it. The other day I saw a copy of Highlights for Children in my mechanic's waiting room. I tore out one of the subscription cards and stuffed it into my pocket. I finally got around to ordering a subscription for my kids today. It looks like a fun and educational magazine and I thought it would be neat for the kids to anticipate its monthly arrival in the mail.

I learned that Highlights began publication in 1946 and was started by a couple in Honesdale, Pennsylvania. Highlights published their one billionth copy in 2006 and it is estimated that two million children and adults read the magazine annually. Highlights aims to "help children develop creativity, sensitivity, literacy and the ability to think and reason."

1 comment:

  1. I loved these magazines when I was little! Haven"t thought of them in years Tony so thank you for posting this article.

    ReplyDelete