Friday, October 1, 2010

No. 274 - Wet Coffee

I enjoy coffee. It's part of my morning ritual. And it's been the subject of several posts this year, including learning about the coffee berry, er seed, er bean in Post No. 62, as well as coffees from Ethiopia in Post No. 246 and Hawaii in Post No. 248.

Today, a Facebook friend posted: What is a 'wet' coffee at Starbucks? I didn't order mine 'wet' but when it dribbled down the front of me...I know it was wet.

I learned that for coffee drinks that include milk and foam, "dry" means more foam and less milk and "wet" means more milk and less foam. This would be relevant for cappuccinos and lattes so it doesn't apply to me. Just give me a large bold coffee, with room for half and half, of course. I refuse to call it a venti, even if it's the Italian word for twenty (meaning twenty ounces). We all know I don't speak foreign languages.

No comments:

Post a Comment