Saturday, October 23, 2010

No. 296 - Shorty

We were in the truck for several hours today driving to a family soup fest. What a great time and a fantastic variety of tasty soups! We were singing along to Just a Dream by Nelly until we came to the lyrics, "My lover, my life. My shorty, my wife." I asked my wife what "shorty" meant in rapper's lingo.

I recall last year there was a song called Fire Burning by Sean Kingston that contained the lyrics,  "Shawty fire burning on the dance floor."

My wife looked it up on her droid and informed me that shorty (alternatively spelled and pronounced shawty) is an urban slang for a sexy female. Urbandictionary.com said that it is used to describe "a girl that is attractive." It also said it is "mostly used as a term of endearment to others or just a way of addressing someone, like "Wassup Man." Instead of "Man", shawty is used."

No comments:

Post a Comment