Sunday, June 13, 2010

No. 164 - DEWmocracy

I'm a Mountain Dew drinker. I typically have at least one can a day with lunch. I never got into Code Red when it came out and haven't paid much attention apparently when new flavors appeared in recent years.

The last time I was at the grocery store there was a large stack of 12-pack Pepsi products. As I went to grab some Dew, I noticed that there were lots of different flavors. So I picked some up. I opened a can of Mountain Dew White Out for the first time today. It's OK. Nothing special.

I learned that this flavor and two others are part of a marketing campaign called DEWmocracy, which allows people to decide the next new flavor of Mountain Dew. This is the second DEWmocracy campaign. The first one resulted in a raspberry-citrus flavor called Voltage being released in 2008.

The three new candidate flavors are Mountain Dew Typhoon (red-orange), which is a tropical flavor described by drinkers as pineapple-strawberry, Mountain Dew White Out (white), which is a citrus flavor described as lemon-lime with grapefruit, and Mountain Dew Distortion (green), which is a lime flavor.

The winning flavor will be released in October 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment