Friday, May 28, 2010

No. 148 - Jesse Garon Presley

I was talking to someone I met for the first time today and explained that in 2010 it is my goal to learn something new (and hopefully interesting) each day, and could he tell me something that I don't already know.

This person explained to me that while on a road trip across the U.S. he stopped at Graceland to tour Elvis' home. He asked if I knew that Elvis was a twin.

I told him that I did not. I've never been a fan of Elvis, although my mom liked him a lot and I have a high school classmate that impersonates him. From what I hear, he is really good at it too.

I called my wife - not an Elvis fan - and asked her if Elvis had any brothers or sisters. She quickly answered that she had no clue. I could hear people in the background. She was at a park with two girlfriends. I asked her to ask them. They didn't think so.

Next, my mom. I called and asked her if Elvis had any brothers or sisters. She said that Elvis had a twin brother but he died at birth. Bravo, Mom!

I learned that Elvis Aron Presley was born on January 8, 1935, in Tupelo, Mississippi, to Vernon Elvis and Gladys Love Presley. Jesse Garon Presley, his identical twin brother, was delivered 35 minutes before him, stillborn.

No comments:

Post a Comment