Sunday, May 2, 2010

No. 122 - Eggs in a Nest

I went out to breakfast this morning with my wife, kids and parental units. I scanned the menu looking for something good to eat: eggs, hash browns, bacon, eggs in a nest, bagels. Stop. Rewind. Eggs in a nest?

My family concluded that it was a cooked egg inside a hole cut in the middle of toasted bread.

When the waitress came to take our order, I asked her what an egg in a nest was. She didn't know. She asked another waitress who said that it was eggs over hash browns with cheese melted on top.

I ordered it. With a side of ham. And toast. And coffee. It was very, very good.

Later, after many Google searches, I could not find any version of eggs in a nest that included hash browns and cheese. However, there were many descriptions and recipes for the version which involved an egg inside a hole cut into a piece of toasted bread.

The family gets a point for knowing that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment