Wednesday, April 28, 2010

No. 118 - Malbec

A Facebook friend posted last evening that she "would really enjoy a glass of Malbec right now."

I guessed that it was probably some sort of adult beverage. I sanity check some of the things I don't know with my wife. Should I know this? Did she? She didn't either.

I learned that Malbec is a type of purple grape used in making wine, which is why I - and she - didn't know it. We are not big wine drinkers. We are not even little wine drinkers. We're more like teeny tiny wine drinkers. Wine is fine. It's quite good on occasion. But I prefer beer. And she prefers iced tea. Or vodka :)

If you play that game what's the first thing that comes to mind with the word "Malbec" a wine lover might say "Argentina" since that country produces over 70% of the world's Malbec.

This wine is supposed to go great with red meat, Mexican, Cajun, Indian, Italian (especially with tomato-based sauces) as well as barbecue and chili. So, in other words, it goes great with a lot of food that I like.

Honey, I think we should give this Malbec a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment