Friday, April 23, 2010

No. 113 - Men Who Hate Women

I love book recommendations from friends. So I was intrigued when my wife told me about a recommendation from the guy who cuts our hair. By the way, what does a guy call the guy who cuts their hair. He's not really a barber. A hair dresser? A stylist? None of them sound right to me coming off my tongue so he ends up being "the guy who cuts our hair." I know, it's original.

He recommended to my wife yesterday that I might like The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larrson. It was previously recommended to me by a Facebook friend. It sits unread in my library. I seem to say that a lot. I really do read. I promise. Here's a link to the books I read last year. The problem is that I have so many books I want to read that I am at least 3 to 4 years backlogged at this point and the list only grows longer each day.

Today I found it interesting to see that the movie is showing in my local theatre next weekend coupled with a book discussion following the Sunday screening.

I learned today that this book is part of a trilogy, as compared to a tetralogy from Post No. 108, and that the book's original title in Sweden was called Men Who Hate Women. I wonder if the title was changed for the English version for marketing purposes? And finally I did not know that Stieg Larrson died in 2004 and that the trilogy was released after his death starting in 2005 and will end with the last book coming out next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment