Wednesday, January 13, 2010

No. 13 - Lemonade

I had lunch today with a good friend. As I was telling him about this blog the waitress came to take our drink order. I ordered a Coke. M ordered Lemonade. I changed my order to Lemonade (just because it sounded better). I told M that before we left the restaurant I needed for him to tell me something I didn't already know. For this blog, of course. M said: Lemonade. I said: What? M said: There must be a reason you changed your order to lemonade, so find out what's so interesting about it.

I found nothing new about lemonade, the drink. Just water, lemons, sugar, mix. I did come across a new documentary called "Lemonade," which tells the tale of 16 advertising professionals who lost their jobs, but found their calling. It was a project by, and for, those who have been affected by unemployment. I also learned that all the resources to make the documentary were donated - there was no mention of any government subsidies. Imagine that. With more than 15 million Americans currently unemployed, it seems to have been released at a good time. This is likely going to be a very difficult period in our country's history. For many, it will be devastating. For some, it will be an opportunity to start over, perhaps in a whole new career. And for a few, it will be a time to reflect on what would really make them happy, and a time to passionately pursue their true calling.

Link to movie trailer here.

No comments:

Post a Comment