Sunday, September 26, 2010

No. 269 - Cookie Dough Ice Cream

I'm at another point in this blog where I'm questioning why I'm doing this.  

Why do we do most of the things we do?

I think it comes down to one thing -- we do things to keep from being bored. We develop all sorts of ways to kill time. Sporting events, television, arts, literature, music. The list goes on and on. I guess that's the sign of a developed society. We have all this extra time on our hands after hunting and gathering and building shelter. I suppose we even have friends and get married and have kids for the same reason. It can get awful boring all by yourself, so we share the boredom with others.

A lot of the time we are successful and keep ourselves busy enough. In less than 100 posts this blog will be history and I'll turn my attention in another direction, in search of yet other ways to not be bored.

I really didn't feel like posting anything new today. Then my son came in the room and I asked what he was doing. He said he just ate cookie dough ice cream. That's as good as anything, right?

I learned that chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream originated in 1984 at the Ben and Jerry's Burlington Scoop Shop from an anonymous suggestion on their flavor suggestion board. It took until 1991 before the flavor was introduced to the public in pint-sized containers.

No comments:

Post a Comment