Friday, February 19, 2010

No. 50 - The Ultimate Depression Survival Guide

Anyone who is close to me knows that I am trying really, really hard to not turn this blog into a financial or economics blog. I am passionate about learning as much as I can about economics, particularly Austrian economics as I described in Post No. 28, and therefore much of what I learn each day is about the economy or economic theory. It's who I am and therefore it will inevitably leak into the things I learn (and post) each day. There are only so many hours in a day and I have an endless appetite for reading as well, usually fiction but occasionally non-fiction, just to keep it real. Therefore the things I learn through, or about, books are bound to make their way here as evidenced by three of the last four posts. So I guess now I have to work on not making this a book blog like last year's 52 Books in 52 Weeks blog. Wow! This is getting to be hard work.

I am currently reading The Ultimate Depression Survival Guide by Martin D. Weiss. I think it's exceptional and recommend that if you only have the chance to read one book this year, it should be this one. But I'd hurry up before the economy gets much worse.

I learned today that Mr. Weiss donated 100% of his present and future royalties earned on the book to the Campaign to End Child Homelessness. The first donation of $100,000 was made in 2009 when the book was released.  A good read and a good cause. How can you beat that?

No comments:

Post a Comment