Saturday, February 20, 2010

No. 51 - Star Wars

My son loves Star Wars. Well, at least what he knows about it so far. He was introduced to the Star Wars pop culture phenomenon through the animated Clone Wars cartoon and through Lego Star Wars on Wii. We plan on watching the original 1977 movie together tonight. And I just dropped him off at a Star Wars-themed birthday party. Before I left, he was being dressed in a brown robe with a rope belt for his Jedi training. Very cool.

I learned that there is a religious movement called Jediism, which is a blend of Taoism and Buddism. May the force be with you. And also with you.

I also learned that over half a million people in the world have declared themselves as Jedi on their census forms.

1 comment:

  1. Lori Mancini SeniorMarch 3, 2010 at 1:02 PM

    I took care of a wacky old lady where I work. The tale she tells about the book she wrote is quite amazing to say the least. She claims that her family stole the rights to her book and sold them to the people who created Star Wars, based on her ideas from the book. I did actually see a copy of this book of hers. "God-Or : A Psychic Communication with Outer Space" All kinds of crazy stuff in there. None of which resembles Star Wars in any way. This woman also claims to be the last Romanov - Anastasia, adopted to a very nice family from Pottsville a long time ago. I'm not sure the point of my post. Seeing Star wars reminded me of her I guess.

    ReplyDelete