Wednesday, February 10, 2010

No. 41 - Bock Beer

I picked up a case of Yuengling Bock Beer last night. Actually I barely had to pick it up. In town, we have a drive-thru beer distributor. I drove in, a guy put the case in my trunk, and I drove out.
In celebration of their 180th anniversary, Yuengling produced a bock beer in 2009 for the first time in nearly 40 years. It was only available in draft for a short period of time and I missed the opportunity to enjoy one. In mid-January 2010, Yuengling released Bock Beer as a seasonal selection in both kegs and bottles. It is expected to be available for 10-12 weeks. Yuengling says its bock beer has "a deep amber color, pleasing malt base, and a refreshing hop aroma." I tried one for the first time today and I concur. It is quite a delicious beer.

Bock is a type of strong lager beer, first brewed in the 14th century in the town of Einbeck, Germany, from which it gets its name (Einbeck or Einbock). Bock was traditionally brewed for special occasions, often for the religious holidays of Christmas and Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment