Saturday, July 3, 2010

No. 184 - In-N-Out Burger

I just recently passed the halfway point. Only 181 posts to go! Woo-hoo! 

This has been an interesting and fun experience so far. I've enjoyed posting about quite a few of the things I've learned. Some of the posts have frustrated me and others have, quite frankly, annoyed me. Like Post No. 183. But no matter what the subject is that I learned about, I tried to make the best of it. You never know where or when you are going to learn something that may make a difference.

Today while driving in the car I heard a radio announcer say that the first drive-thru restaurant was built 60 years ago. The restaurant wasn't named but the town of Baldwin Park, California was mentioned.

After researching it, I learned that In-N-Out Burger claims to have built the first drive-thru restaurant, a little more than 60 years ago, in 1948. 

In-N-Out Burger's website says that:

In-N-Out Burger was founded by Harry and Esther Snyder in Baldwin Park, California. Harry's idea of a drive-thru hamburger stand where customers could order through a two-way speaker box was quite unique. In that era, it was common to see carhops serving those who wanted to order food from their car. Harry's idea caught on and California's first drive-thru hamburger stand was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment