Friday, December 10, 2010

No. 344 - Red Tape

I wore a pair of black boots yesterday that I hadn't worn in quite some time. I liked them so much I wore them again today. I wondered who made them so I took one off to check. On the inside was written the words Red Tape.

I learned that the brand Red Tape was developed in India by a footwear manufacturer named Mirza Worldwide. In eight years, it has become the No. 1 fashion men’s line in India. Red Tape's spokesperson and brand representative is Bollywood movie star Salman Kahn (not the Salman Khan from Khan Academy in Post No. 236), who appears in commercials and advertisements featuring the footwear. Red Tape made its way to Europe five years ago and is now featured in more than 500 stores throughout England, Germany and Holland. The U.S. launch began in spring 2006. Red Tape's target customer is a young fashion-oriented male between the ages of 18 and 30.

I suppose I have become somewhat fashion-oriented over the last few years, although I now fall slightly outside the targeted age range. I bought the boots in 2007 and they have spent most of their time in the closet. They look brand-new. I thought to myself that they could very well become my new favorite boots this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment