Saturday, December 11, 2010

No. 345 - My Summer Story

My son and I went to see A Christmas Story at our local historic theatre today. He got to pick our seats and choose to sit in the balcony in the farthest seat from the big screen. They were the best seats in the house.

After the movie, we came home and I taught him how shoot my Red Ryder BB gun, which was given to me by my dad for Christmas several years ago.

I did not not know that there was a sequel to this classic holiday hit. I learned that It Runs in the Family (released on DVD as My Summer Story) is a 1994 film that follows the further adventures of Ralphie Parker and his family. Like the previous film, it is based on semi-autobiographical stories by Jean Shepherd, primarily from his book In God We Trust, All Others Pay Cash.

No comments:

Post a Comment