Monday, November 8, 2010

No. 312 - Fly-by Radio

I am not a political guy. But those who know me might say that I certainly am. But they're wrong. And here's why:

If you would say that I am a beer guy, I would agree with you. I love beer.

If you would say that I am a hot wings guy, I would agree with you. I love wings.

But if you would say that I am a political guy, I would have to disagree with you. I hate politics. I hate talking about it. I would much rather talk about other things. Like books. But I do talk about issues that should concern every American: individual liberty, constitutional government, sound money, free markets, and living within our means. I talk about them because it appears that no one cares. Some might call that political. I don't.

Anyway I would say that I am an Austrian economics guy. And you might say: nerd. I'm OK with that because some of the finest Austrian economists were indeed nerds. But today in a Facebook status update from the Ludwig von Mises Institute, I read the following: Get stoked about the world's first rock band headed by diehard Austrians! The post contained a photo of the lead singer donning a Mises.org hat and a link to an article that said that Pacey and Jack Ash of rock band Fly-by Radio are leading the way in making personal and economic freedom cool. And Pacey didn't actually look like a nerd to me. At all.

It also said that when their band is traveling between gigs in Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi and Louisiana they listen to countless hours of audio recordings from mises.org. Unfortunately they don't play in my area. But I'll be keeping an eye (and ear) on them from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment